It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:57 pm
Login

This is a moderated forum!

Official support for Akai Professional Vyzor and Vyzex Editors by Psicraft Designs.

Moderator: Psicraft Tony

Postby adelakis » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:46 am

please send me the password to access akai pro 88 firmware page, thnx
adelakis

Postby Psicraft Tony » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:55 pm

adelakis wrote:please send me the password to access akai pro 88 firmware page, thnx

You were supposed to tell me why you need it and what OS you are running - Sorry, Akai's rules not mine.

Let me know and we'll proceed.

Tony
Psicraft Tony
Site Admin

Postby adelakis » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I guess to update my mpk 88 to the latest version, my os is 1.01
I really dont get the restrictions of Akai, i have a complete recording facilities with Tons of equipment and updating is a very normal procedure.
Anyway i just needed it for updates.
adelakis

Postby Psicraft Tony » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:38 pm

adelakis wrote:I guess to update my mpk 88 to the latest version, my os is 1.01

That's the latest version. Newly shipping MPK88s are loaded with v1.04, but this is only addressing calibration differences in their wheel potentiometers: This latest firmware would actually mess up an older MPK88 so you are in good shape already.

adelakis wrote:I really dont get the restrictions of Akai, i have a complete recording facilities with Tons of equipment and updating is a very normal procedure.

Here's my time-worn reply on this subject...
PsicraftTony wrote:1. Akai Professional made a line of products that can dump their firmware without any replacement being supplied. To make up for that they posted the firmware files on their website and asked us (the editor software supplier) if we could add a feature to send these firmware files in case users got stuck. We agreed, thinking 'hey we don't want our users stuck without firmware!'

2. Users all around the world began dumping their MPD and MPK firmware whenever they browsed the Akai Pro website - They assumed these firmware files were posted because they added new features or instant fixes to whatever problems these users might be having with their device. Akai Pro's tech support (and ours here at the editor support forum) started getting a lot of tech support traffic related to firmware upgrade related requests that were (for the most part) the result of a botched user attempt to use these files.

3. Akai Pro tech support decided to pull all the firmware files from their website, and adopted a new policy: Phone first and only then will we give you access. This was supposed to return their tech support volume to normal.

4. This worked for Akai Pro, but over here the editor support board (not run by Akai Pro, remember) started getting hammered with frustrated and desperate users who had cleared their firmware, and couldn't wait for Akai Pro phone support to get back to them. We were under orders not to post these files publicly at the time. It was a bad scene.

5. I brokered a deal with Akai Pro to make the files available here, provided I personally screened each user to ensure they got the directions correct and avoided unnecessary firmware dumping for bad reasons - This would mean I would end up spending 2 hours on average of every day since then doing tech support for firmware (not our responsibility actually), but would at least keep the users of our software happy.

6. Well, except those users who get annoyed about all the cloak and dagger around the firmware files that is... All I can tell you is I don't like it any more than you do, but we are stuck with the situation for now.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Tony
Psicraft Tony
Site Admin

Postby oclement » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:37 am

Great, I just wanna use correctly my AKAI MPK25 :geek:
oclement

Postby kriz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:47 am

Hello tony!

i live you some msg a few days ago about the
akai mpk25 firmware..please help me i have mac osx and pc but i work with mac .

thanks
kriz

Postby Psicraft Tony » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:02 am

kriz wrote:Hello tony!

i live you some msg a few days ago about the
akai mpk25 firmware..please help me i have mac osx and pc but i work with mac .

thanks

Kriz,

I replied to your first post, and am replying to this one because it is about the forum being moderated: All the rest of your duplicated posts on the subject are not going to be moderator approved since I have already dealt with the problem.

To anyone reading this thread - Posting multiple times will not make your posts show up faster and will not increase the priority of how and when your issue gets moderated and displayed. If your problem is a dumped firmware, remember that this is NOT the Akai Professional hardware support forum and we are only making these files available as an act of goodwill - Your first place to get the files should be the Akai Pro support email provided in the announcement on this topic (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1588) - If you post here asking for the file, you're going to have to appreciate it may be a few days before your request is serviced depending on how busy we are with our actual responsibilities. Thanks.

PsicraftTony wrote:If you have hardware or firmware problems with your Akai Professional product, please contact:

Akai Technical support
Mo-Fr 8:30am-6:30PM EST (not including holidays)
401-658-4032 x1409
support@akaipro.com

Tony
Psicraft Tony
Site Admin

Postby weltraumpapst » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:16 am

how long does it normally take to get approved.. i opened a thread some days ago, cause the vyzex EWI4000s keeps on crashing on my snow leopard macbook pro.
weltraumpapst

Postby Psicraft Tony » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:45 pm

It depends. You're approved now, however.
Psicraft Tony
Site Admin

Postby mytsoul » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 am

Wondered where my post was..guess I should have read here first! Cool, hopefully it wont be long before I am breaking my fingers again.
mytsoul

PreviousNext

Return to Akai Professional Vyzex Support