It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:12 am
Login

G-System editor issues

General technical support for Vyzor G-System.

Moderator: Psicraft Tony

Postby Frank » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Everytime I click anything in the Global screen (except the tempo), the editor crashes. This is a serious problem. The error;

AppName: vyzor g-system.exe AppVer: 10.0.4.0 ModName: mqbasics.dll
ModVer: 10.0.4.0 Offset: 0002c4e4

I don't have the EQ gain setting problems, I can go from -12 to +12 with the mousewheel.
I do have the problem of the filter not being turned on or off when changing presets in the editor. Not just the led, the actual filter effect stays on.

Windows XP Home. ATI RADEON Xpress 200. P4 DuoCore 2.8Ghz. M-Audio Delta 1010.

Frank.
Frank

Postby elfredoo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:07 am

another bug:
i programmed the wah to auto-on when moving the xpression pedal (0,5 s release). when the filter section is turned on and the expression pedal isn't plugged in or being moved the wah jumps in and out..really annoying!
elfredoo

Postby Psicraft Tony » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:21 am

elfredoo wrote:I think there are still many bugs in the software. Although I love this way to alter my presets and play around and have it all on the screen, the editor is not really usable in this state of "development". Would really love to work with it properly.

Elfredoo, you are entitled to your opinion, but Vyzor G-System a highly tested release software package: It certainly not beta code quality. If you find the text pop-up modes of the various controls frustrating (they are admittedly simple-minded and cannot always guess what you want from a few characters typed - This is explained in the preferences PDF) simply right-click (option click on mac) on these controls to get a pop up selector menu instead. This will resolve many of the usability issues encountered with the text entry mode.

Frank wrote:Everytime I click anything in the Global screen (except the tempo), the editor crashes. This is a serious problem. The error;

AppName: vyzor g-system.exe AppVer: 10.0.4.0 ModName: mqbasics.dll
ModVer: 10.0.4.0 Offset: 0002c4e4

Frank, we cannot duplicate this serious error of yours on our test machines - What OS and hardware are your computer running? Please let us know and we'll try to determine what is the issue in your case.

elfredoo wrote:another bug:
i programmed the wah to auto-on when moving the xpression pedal (0,5 s release). when the filter section is turned on and the expression pedal isn't plugged in or being moved the wah jumps in and out..really annoying!

Elfredoo - Is this a G-System problem or an editor problem? Please elaborate.
Psicraft Tony
Site Admin

Postby elfredoo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:43 am

i truly apologize for my statement. i hate users that don't read the manual etc. and now i've done it myself. :oops: will read all the pdf's now first.

the wah problem:
as the problem doesn't occur when using the g alone i think it is a problem of the editor. it perhaps sends "on" and "off" values although i don't see any midi-sends in the midi-window...
elfredoo

Postby Kvade » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:10 am

elfredoo wrote:the wah problem:
as the problem doesn't occur when using the g alone i think it is a problem of the editor. it perhaps sends "on" and "off" values although i don't see any midi-sends in the midi-window...

Also confirmed here (maybe this is not exactly the same issue). I can reproduce the problem by selecting a preset with wah, and go to the Global config and set:
GFX1 Expression Pedal Type = Expression
and
Controller Expression Pedal Type = Expression

(only connected 1 expression pedal to either the GFX or Controller unit)

As soon as You disconnect the G-System from the editor the problem is gone, so it will never become live-performance issue, but is very annoying when editing your presets.
Kvade

Postby Frank » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:56 am

PsicraftTony wrote:Frank, we cannot duplicate this serious error of yours on our test machines - What OS and hardware are your computer running? Please let us know and we'll try to determine what is the issue in your case.

I already wrote my OS and hardware in my post.
Packard Bell IMEDIA 1559
Windows XP Home
P4 DuoCore 2.8Ghz (Pentium D 820 model)
ATI RADEON Xpress 200 (Integrated graphics)
M-Audio Delta 1010

Frank

Edit: Not sure if needed but here are my midi ports as shown in the editor. The SpeedSoft is a virtual midi cable for using with VSampler by SpeedSoft program. I've just the USB Audio Device selected though. G-System connected via supplied USB cable.
Midi In Ports
SpeedSoft MIDI cable 1
SpeedSoft MIDI cable 2
Delta 1010 MIDI
USB Audio Device

Midi Out Ports
USB Audio Device
SpeedSoft MIDI cable 1
SpeedSoft MIDI cable 2
Delta 1010 MIDI
Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
Frank

Postby Frank » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 pm

Just reporting that I can now click in the Global screen and alter values.

If I reboot PC, and start the editor before connecting to the internet, its fine. I have a Speedtouch ADSL USB modem, maybe that interferes with something.

Just looking forward to a patch that fixes the sending/checking of the filter selection in the editor.
And TC need to fix the callibrating of the controller pedals so that ENTER works, in the firmware.

Thanks,
Frank
Frank

Postby Hendo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:32 am

Hi, I recently installed the Editor and v3.0 firmware into my G-System. Installation went well, as did the first session with the Editor and G-System. Second time, however, the Editor scrambled the G-System's Global Settings.

This happened without any input by me, into either the Editor or the G-System. I simply connected the USB and started the Editor. Immediately, the G-System stopped making sound. This was because the Global Volume had been reset to -100 dB. A check of all the Global settings revealed random changes in almost all of them.

Most frustrating was the Program Change Map was also scrambled, destroying the PC #s I had programed for each of my presets. Not having written down the settings, I will likely be unable to fully recreate the Program Map. (Frankly, it's ridiculous that PC settings are not stored with the presets; but, that's another topic.)

I don't know if the above has been reported by anyone else. After this experience, I won't be using the Editor, anytime soon; nor will I attempt to duplicate the problem.

ASUS A8N-SLI
AMD 64 X2 4800+
4GB Mushkin XP4000 RAM (4x1GB)
ASUS EN7800 GTX video
WinXP SP2
Java v1.6.0_03-b05
Hendo

Postby Psicraft Tony » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:52 am

Sorry to hear about your scrambled PG map. The editor Quick Start documentation does warn to save a SET of your precious sounds before you proceed to work with the software - If you had done this, restoring your map after the problem would have been easy.

We'll look closely into the global editor and test for the symptoms you have reported.
Psicraft Tony
Site Admin

Postby Hendo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:42 am

Hi Tony,

Had Editor not scrambled my PG Map, I could have saved it! One has to first load Editor, before one can save the SET. My PG Map was scrambled when I loaded Editor.
Hendo

PreviousNext

Return to G-System